Good morning everyone. It’s Easter time, and according to our tradition it’s “pastiera” time, a dessert typical of our parts. But as he knows who’s following us, we live in South Africa. Too many Miles, too many waiws. A dessert compared to so many things will certainly be trivial. It cannot replace family, friends, native land, but it can make us feel the characteristic smells that awaken some memories.
We packed the ingredients that we could not find here (cooked wheat and millefiori water) thanks to our last trip to Italy about a year ago.
Today we show you how to make it together. I state that you can do it in other ways. You can add cedar, candied fruit and do not blend the wheat. It Depends on how you prefer it.
- Shortcrust pastry 1 jar of baked wheat for Pastiera (approx. 450 g)
- 750 g ricotta cheese
- 5 eggs + 2 egg yolks
- 500 g sugar
- A little bottle of italian essence of Millefiori
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Prepare the shortcrust pastry following your recipe, or our at this link. You will need 2 doses of this
- Blend (in blender) the ricotta with sugar, eggs and aromas
- Add the grain and blend (you can leave the wheat as you want)
- Take a rotate for pastiera, make a base of pastry, pour the mixture of ricotta and wheat and decorated with many strips of pastry.
- Bake in a hot oven at 180 C for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Make it cool. Put in the fridge