Pineapple cake is very easy to make and also children like it. Of course we always repeat the same things, but better to be clear: sweets should be limited, but not abolished if you do not have particular health problems. And in case of diet, if you need to lose weight, we recommend using substitute ingredients. Look for them on food4feeding. Follow us at this address, but also on the Facebook page, on Instagram and on Youtube.
But now, let me show the recipe.
- 300 g sugar
- 300 g self raising wheat flour
- 100 g olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 can sliced pineapples
- 7 spoons of sugar (for the caramel )
- pour 7 tablespoons of sugar into the cake tin
- put on the fire to make it melt so that it becomes caramel
Do not throw away the juice in which the pineapples are immersed, you will need to wet the pineapple cake, once cooked.
- Separately prepare the cake mixture, made from a few ingredients: add 300 g of flour, 300 g of sugar, 100 g of oil and 6 eggs and mix.
I used self-raising flour, the one I can find most easily in South Africa, but you can use flour plus a packet of baking powder.
- Once mixed, pour everything into the cake tin on the caramel and pineapple layer, put in preheated oven and bake at 180 ° C for 40 to 50 minutes (always check according to the type of cooking of your oven).
And here is your beautiful pineapple cake. Let cool for a while, then turn it over a plate and sprinkle with the juice from the can, if you want you can add 1 or 2 tablespoons of sugar and a little liqueur for sweets and if a little liquid, add water to taste.
Try the syrup before wetting it. Put for a 2 hours at least in the refrigerator, before serving.
Nutritional Informations (per 1 slice, total cake 12 slices)
ENER: 338,3 Kcal
CARB: 55,3 g
PROT: 85 g
LIP: 136,8 g